Friday, September 30, 2016

Think. Overthink. Repeat.

Things used to be simple. There was a time when my thoughts were only about one thing: surviving grief. Now, also jammed in the mix are how to honor my wife, and how to live without her. Surviving was about the present, total minimalist. But the other two are about the past and future. You could say my thoughts are hard to organize these days.

If you ask me what I'm thinking at any given moment, I'll probably answer you "what?" I spend huge swaths of time dwelling on how to go about dating, TV and music to de-stress, and writing to memorialize my wife: often semi-simultaneously. Also, often replaying the same thoughts over and over for no discernible reason. And this is with me meditating once or twice a day (if I think of it). New thoughts are being generated faster than old ones can be cleared out! Critical mass! System overload! Phrases!

Oh yeah, and with everything on my mind, I have a job and a schedule and a-sponsablilties to remember, too. I don't have to be thinking about them, but I sure can't forget! I should buy a day planner: for my subconscious.


Things used to be simple. There was a time when my thoughts were only about one thing: surviving grief. Now, also jammed in the mix are how to honor my wife, and how to- Wait...I think we passed by this thought already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you brought enough comment to share with the whole class!