Friday, September 30, 2016

Normal is boring (but I feel fine)

I think the charm of grief is wearing off. I've been a little stumped trying to think of stuff to post these past couple of days, at least things that can be funny and on-topic. It's just not what it used to be. We all know how much natural humor there is in grief, how fertile a ground it is for comedy. But as I settle into my new job and roll closer to that one-year milestone, grief's just becoming...boring.

I still have a lot of griefy moments, but it's kind of getting old. Turns out, even traumatic tragedy has a finite period of novelty, much like a shiny toy or Invader Zim (if you don't get the reference, that's the point). I cry and it's like "Yup. Doin' this again. Sucks. Again."


I am by no means asking to go back in time to the seven month mark when it was easier to make fun of grief. I knew I was setting a challenge for myself trying to write a funny(ish) grief blog, but I didn't anticipate the challenge coming from, well, normality? I don't know if that's the right word, I'm not quite sure I remember what normal is, if I ever knew. This may have to do for normal. But if anything, I'm going back in time like 18 months and preventing all this hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you brought enough comment to share with the whole class!