Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Single, ready to mingle (platonically)

I'm still not ready to date. Oh, sorry, thought I heard someone ask. But today in my grief group I heard from a widow of a similar age to myself, who has gone on a couple of dates recently. She's 14 months into her grief, I'm ten-and-a-half. One: I'm so glad she was able to try that, I know it was confusing and new for her. Two: there is no way I am going to be ready to date in three-and-a-half months. Three: I'm still pissed I even have to worry about dating.

I had to laugh, though, when she told us how she was saying things to her date, basically to try and scare him away. I can identify with this. As I've confessed before, I occasionally find myself composing an online dating profile in my mind, one of the saddest caliber, basically written to repel and frighten. And I can only imagine that if a woman took up the challenge of dating me, I would try to scare her off.


I guess it's a test, really. If you still want to 'come back to my place' after I cry to you about another woman, I'm intrigued. Although, at the present time, 'coming back to my place' would involve awkward instructions on not waking up my parents. Yeah, three-and-a-half months won't be enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you brought enough comment to share with the whole class!