Monday, April 25, 2016

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of Cheese (Who Am I To Dis A Brie?)

So now I've started stealing my wife's dreams. Hey, she coulda stuck around to live them herself, but nooooooooo, the Grim Reaper had to be all like 'nu-uh.' Is it considered graverobbing to take a dead person's dreams or can we say she bequeathed them to me in spirit because I was her spouse? I'm still doing it, even if it's graverobbing.

Now I wanna be a writer when I grow up, which was my wife's longtime dream. Yeah, I said "when I grow up." I finished reading a book a week ago (which strikingly enough, is about the death of a young lover). Afterward, I emailed the author (which happens to be my wife's favorite) and I actually got a reply back! I was so excited, I had to make fun of my own little celebratory dance of joy. My wife would've given any amount of anything to have communication with this author and I did it! So,naturally, I also feel kinda scummy.


I wanted my wife to live out her dreams, not will them to me. But I'm not turning back. Cuz I guess I still want her dreams fulfilled, even if I have to dream them myself. Wow, that kinda sounds cheesy even to me. Oh well. Don't care. I'll leave whether or not it's cheesy to those who read my first novel: "Love In The Time Of Cheddar."

2 comments:

  1. Your title made me laugh out loud!

    I too am completing some of my lost loves dreams. It makes me happy to do it. And anything that makes me happy is a good thing. I can't figure out what I want to do with life so following him for a while seems ok.

    You write well. I think it's a good dream to follow.

    Fuchsia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate this encouragement. I hope that reminiscing about your love's dreams leads you somewhere meaningful in life.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you brought enough comment to share with the whole class!