Friday, October 14, 2016

Sick of grief

So about grief throwing me a curveball around the one-year mark for my wife dying: I might end up sick that day. I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat, and it hasn't gotten better through ignoring it today. I've got to hand it to grief: I did not see this one coming. Griefbursts, I'm all geared up and prepped for. But a sore throat? Cunning. Absolutely cunning.

Part of wonders if this sore throat really is supernatural in some way. What if I mysteriously catch a cold every mid-October now? Like some cheap M. Night Shyamalan movie, The Sickening. I'll have to make my ritual of visiting her gravesite include tissues and Dayquil.


If I do happen to be sick in some paranormal way related to grief, and my wife sent a poltergeist to give me this poorly-timed bug, I guess it could be worse. If I really am sick, then I have a legit excuse to take care of myself that's hard to argue against. I may be forced to lay low and take it easy for a few days. Drat!

2 comments:

  1. This lends a whole new aspect to my favorite home-made song title: "Boogers and Tears"
    I believe it has potential to climb up Top Hits list.
    no?
    I am sending you survival wishes and prayers.
    Hang in there, kid.

    hugs.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! As if crying didn't make me have to blow my nose enough already.
      Thank you very much!

      Delete

I hope you brought enough comment to share with the whole class!